Sunday, February 15, 2009

Google Threw Me a Bone

This past week I received a package from Google - 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043. That's right, Google. I
was unaware that Google knew of the existence of the USPS, considering it a communication mechanism from the time of Neanderthals.

I opened it to reveal:

  • A Rubik's Cube
  • A mouse pad
  • A pen
  • A "My Other Computer is a Data Center" bumper sticker

All were emblazoned with the Google logo.

And a thank you note hand written with excellent penmanship. They sent me some Google schwag as a token of their appreciation for the contributions I have made to the Google Chart API -- both on the group list and the wrapper API I developed, charts4j .

There is no name to reveal who sent it.

At any rate, in the extremely unlikely possibility the person that sent this to me is reading this blog post (I think I am the only one who reads my blog, except for my wife), thanks for the schwag, especially the Rubik's cube.

2 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

Hi Julien, just found out you had a blog from your weather mole site. So now you have at least two non family viewers.

Can you guess my identity?

Julien Chastang said...

Thanks for the weathermole shoutout. I love your blog. I see you do not like twitter, but please reconsider. Methinks it is better than RSS. I am scratching my head, but I cannot guess.